Eligibility Rules & General Requirements
Each contestant must:
- be of African-American or Latino/Hispanic descent.
- be a high school student enrolled in grades 9 through 12.
- be a citizen or legal resident of the United States.
- be an individual who has demonstrated a genuine interest in one of the 29 categories.
- submit a separate project, one contestant per category per city (a contestant may enter up to three (3) categories of competition.
- be of amateur status--never having never having performed as a professional in any categories of competition.
- conform to the guideline requirements as dictated by the category(s) chosen.
- submit to his/her local NAACP chapter
- a final application.
- a 1 to 2 page, typed biography (double-spaced).
- for National contestants, submit to his/her local NAACP ACT-SO sponsor:
- a completed project.
- a national application.
- a one to two page, typed [double-spaced] biography.
- a completed parental consent form.
- a medical release form signed by a parent.
- a small, clear photo.
- Media release.